Tuesday 30 August 2011

For a friend...

Wrote this for a friend. His request was strange... A b'day message that's not available in any of the greeting cards..


A special day and a special request,
You asked and I obliged
But where do I begin, I wonder big,
From emotions to words,
I ponder more!

And then it strikes from deep inside,
A voice so distant,
but clear to the heart
What's unique, comes the question
Simple, I say, and it begins to roll!

For someone smart, yet so naive
For someone who equates the universe to friendship
For whom emotions are beyond control
and care and affection...
defines life as a whole!

This day and of course the night
Signifies the start of yet another year
The righteous path, and the beliefs that speak
Will take you along,
for as long as they're true!

A special day, a special request,
You asked and I obliged
Here's a wish, that yearns to come true
May your faith be your strength
And may happiness touch your every step!

Happy B'day!